Aug 31 2021
Following on from last year’s successful Series, New Zealand Bloodstock has announced a further ten NZB Ready to Run Sale Trainers Series race sponsorships, with incentivised prize packages awarded to domestic trainers over the next three months.
NZB introduced the Series last year with long-time partners Majestic Horse Transport and Raceform to support New Zealand trainers attending its Ready to Run Sale held in November.
This season, four races will take place at Riccarton with a further six races shared between Central District and Northern regions.
NZB will award the winning trainer of each sponsored race the following prize package:
- A travel voucher towards travel to the 2021 Ready to Run Sale at Karaka ($1000 voucher for South Island-based trainers and a $500 voucher for Central and Northern-based trainers).
- A $1000 insurance voucher towards insurance for one 2021 Ready to Run Sale purchase, courtesy of NZB Insurance.
- A Majestic Horse Floats Transport voucher towards the transport of one 2021 Ready to Run Sale purchase, courtesy of Majestic Horse Transport.
- A three-month subscription to Raceform weekly production, including courier delivery, courtesy of Raceform.
The first sponsored race of the series, a Rating 74 Handicap, was held at Riccarton Park on Saturday 8 August and was won by the Lisa Latta-trained Rock Island Line (NZ) (Rock ‘n’ Pop).
The following dates have been confirmed for the nine remaining 2021 Ready to Run Sale Trainers Series races.
- 2 X races held Saturday 28 August at Te Rapa – MDN 3YO 1200m
- Saturday 11 September Hastings – Rating 65 Benchmark 1300m
- Saturday 18 September at New Plymouth – Rating 74 Benchmark 1600m
- Saturday 18 September at Riccarton – Rating 65 Benchmark 1200m
- Saturday 9 October at Hawera – Rating 65 Benchmark 1400m
- Saturday 23 October at Riccarton – Rating 65 Benchmark 1600m
- Monday 25 October at Te Rapa – MDN 1400m
- Saturday 30 October at Pukekohe Park – MDN 3YO 1200m
- Saturday 6 November at Riccarton – MDN 1200m
With incentives increasing on last year’s prize pool, NZB Bloodstock Sales Manager Danny Rolston is looking forward to another year of the Trainers Series hitting the turf.
To read the story on the NZB website click HERE.